Members of the Respecting Seniors Network have made a commitment to the principles of this charter:
- We are committed to valuing and respecting older people and their rights.
- We understand that older people are individuals with diverse experience, knowledge and wishes.
- We believe older people and their perspectives should be valued and listened to.
- We respect that most older people can make their own decisions, and that these decisions should be respected.
- We believe our community should be an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people regardless of age, culture, language, health, ability, gender, sexuality or socioeconomic status.
- We believe our community benefits from the valuable contributions of people of all ages.
- We believe that all people in our community should be able to live free from violence in all its forms.